Thursday, August 30, 2007



Dear Sacha

The idea in making this project was to recognize and mentally analyze my brother’s environment, to spend a day with him although it is physically impossible, due to his incarceration. I liked the idea of recognizing through sculpture my brother’s facial features so I could reintegrate a tactile remembrance of his existence and further attribute his facial construction to his present emotional status. This is why the animation was not planned out, I just let the puppet do what it wanted, nor did I set a duration; it was over when it was over.

In this video I chose to use natural daylight and night light for the window of the cell, so I could further connect my living moment in creating a fiction of my brother’s life to his living moment, and thus recording the laps of time that was necessary to achieve the process of animation .

In the end, this video was the second part to my video Sacha and Me, where I said ‘that I now try to use my art to heal.” This is what I was engaging in, to think of his body and wish him good health and to be able to put an image to my mental curiosity about his life. As an extension to this project, I now have a lot
of pictures to send him.

TO VIEW THIS MOVIE AND SACHA'S INTERVIEW WITH Kathy Tomlinson, CTV News GO TO THE LINK BELOW AND IF IT WON'T LOAD GO TO CTV.CA AND SEARCH SACHA BOND .

-----------ALSO SIGNE OUR ONLY PITITION AT http://www.secteur54.com/petition/ SO WE CAN GET SACHA BACK TO CANADA-----------------------------------------------------


http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/HTMLTemplate?tf=/ctv/mar/video/new_player.html&cf=ctv/mar/ctv.cfg&hub=TopStories&video_link_high=mms://a180.v31560.c31560.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/180/31560/55ce8bb3/fs6.insinc.com/akamai/ctv/news/jail_wb_070517.wmv&video_link_low=mms://a180.v31560.c31560.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/180/31560/55ce8bb3/fs6.insinc.com/akamai/ctv/news/jail_wb_070517.wmv&clip_start=00:00:00.00&clip_end=00:04:16.00&clip_caption='Dear%20Sacha,'%20A%20film%20created%20by%20Eric%20Bond%20for%20his%20brother&clip_id=ctvnews.manually_insert.jail_wb_070517&subhub=video&no_ads=&sortdate=20070517&slug=whistleblower_emails_070524&archive=CTVNews

2 comments:

dforms said...

Jai rippé l'interview sur CTV et transformé en avi via premiere. j'avais l'intention de le poster sur youtube mais jatend la permission de Diane. Je vais t'envoyer le link ou tu peux avoir le embed code.

ERIC BOND said...

fuck scuse moi javait pas vue ton comentaire,poste le si tu veux ,merci beaucoup.

eric